It may seem ridiculous that I’m posting on my blog the recipe to make Poached Eggs, but through some of your comments that many people have trouble in making them… So, here you have it: the recipe to make Poached Eggs 😛
Preparation Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: buy Plavix 10 min.
Total Time: 15 min.
Crack in a bowl just one egg at a time.
Pour the water in a saucepan and bring it to a point of boil, then lower the heat and add salt and vinegar (I’ve used cider vinegar).
Stir the acidulated water clockwise with a wooden spoon until you get a whirlpool.
Now slide just one egg inside the saucepan, while keeping stirring: just take care not to touch the egg, so that thanks to the whirlpool the white will congeal around the yolk.
* Now, you may understand that the pictures of the mosta delicate steps are missing, since it was quite difficult, if not impossible, swirling the whirlpool, putting the egg inside without breaking, and also taking the pictures… But I promise: next time, I’ll make my spouse take them, and I’ll add them here 😀 *
Let cookc for 2-3 minutes, then lift with a perforated spoon.
Now you can cook the other eggs, by following exactly the same procedure.
Put your Poached Egg on a dish, and take away any “burrs” with a blade, then you can serve it.
Let’s sum up the golden rules for a successful Poached Egg:
1) Always add some vinegar to the water, as it will help you to keep the whites intac.
2) Water should be boiling, just simmering.
3) Cook just one egg at a time.
4) The freshest the egg, the better.
There are no comments yet for this recipe